Welcome to our COVID-19 response page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how P.S. 144Q is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Covid Testing Video
To ensure the health and safety of your school community, random testing of staff and students will be conducted in schools weekly.
Notification will not be given to all parents prior to testing. To find out more about how the students will be tested please click on the link below:
Parents need to submit a Covid Testing Consent form for students in Grade 1 - 5
Fill out the form online using a New York City Schools Account
If you already have a NYCSA account linked to your student(s): Log in, click your student’s name, click “Manage Account,” and then when a dropdown menu appears, click “Consent Forms.” Read the page, and then choose the consent option at the end for your student.
All students will attend school 5 days a week in person.
Remote Learning Instructions
We ask all families to ensure that their child has access to Google Classroom and that they understand how to access the site independently.
For details regarding your child's class, including resources, teacher expectations, and daily assignments, visit the student's teacher page.
Expectations for Students:
- When teachers are conducting online classes, student should show up on time and ready to go.
- Sit at a table or desk if possible (no PJs!)
- Turn off any distractions, such as televisions, phones, or noisy devices.
- Mute: Come in, say Hi and click the microphone to mute . You can Raise Your Hand to speak. We will call on you to un-mute.
- The Chat: Please use the chat for questions ONLY. This is not to chat with friends.
- Kindness: Be school appropriate. Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Be Prepared: Come with any questions you might have. You might need to bring materials like pencil and paper to our Zoom meeting.
- Be On Task: Please sit up while we are on Zoom. Please put away anything that may distract you.
- Saying Goodbye: Make sure you click the phone to hang up when our meeting is over. Please do not Re-Join.
Google Classroom Etiquette
- Use the to-do list to check assignments and due dates
- Check your calendar
- Stay on top of tasks
Have a schedule:
- Have a routine
- Work on a little bit every day
- Take lunch breaks and body breaks
Be smart online:
- Be digitally responsible
- Keep your personal info private
- Search "smart"
- Check the morning messages
- Check the Google Classroom stream
- Check your emails
- Use private comments if it's specific to your work
- Use the stream if everyone needs to see
Ask for help:
- Remember to:
- Ask for help from your teacher if you are confused
- Ask for help at home if you are able
To ensure the health and safety of our community, we require the following measures at all times:
- Frequent Handwashing
- Steps if student/teacher/staff or a family member has COVID or symptoms of COVID
- If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you stay home or at a designated care facility for a minimum of 14 days. Please contact us via phone or email as soon as possible.
- Directions for local COVID testing
- Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
To stay up to date with any changes to procedures or scheduling, please bookmark this page on your browser. We'll also be sending out emails to all families.
Sign up for updates through the Notify App using the school code: XOEPN6. Download the app using the Notify tab to the right.
All students have been assigned a DOE Issued device to use for Remote Learning.